Virtualisation technology has revolutionised the way organisations deliver applications over the past few years. Compared to the traditional approach of buying and operating physical servers, with the attendant capital and operating costs, virtualisation brings a host of benefits. These include removing the need for capital expenditure, speed of deployment, flexible upgrade options, scalability, resilience, and massively reduced recovery time following a problem.
In light of this, it is little wonder that virtualisation is one of the fastest growing technologies in the IT market. For any organisation looking for web hosting, application delivery, disaster recovery or business continuity virtualisation can offer a solution.
Benefits of Virtualisation Technology
Virtualisation can increase IT agility, flexibility and scalability while creating significant cost savings. Workloads get deployed faster, performance and availability increases and operations become automated, resulting in IT that’s simpler to manage and less costly to own and operate.
- Reduce capital and operating costs.
- Deliver high application availability.
- Minimise or eliminate downtime.
- Increase IT productivity, efficiency, agility and responsiveness.
- Speed and simplify application and resource provisioning.
- Support business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Enable centralised management.
- Build a true Virtual Data Centre.