amatis Networks has just rolled out the deployment of ServiceNow to enhance our Customers experience at all levels. This is just part of our continuing commitment to give Customers the very best service in the Industry.
This major investment backs up amatis commitment to ISO27001 and the amatis ITIL® Service Strategy.
ServiceNow consists of a number of different elements and amatis will be rolling these out over the coming months.
IT Service Management:
- Implementing ServiceNow has been an easy transformation from our old ticketing system and will offer so much more.
- With the ITIL best practice built in we have now got a world class support system
- We can assign work fast. Automated routing, drag‑and‑drop assignments, and integrated collaboration make it easy for our provisioning and support teams to work together.
- Simplify service delivery with an easily configured portal which provides amatis staff and customers with a consumer‑like experience for requesting and tracking services.
- Full visibility for all with Dashboards thats provide consistent and actionable information for service demand, service‑level compliance, and other key performance indicators.
Self Service Portal:
- ServiceNow offers an IT self‑service portal that lets users submit service requests in seconds. They can request IT services, log issues, search a knowledge base, and track progress using one informative, engaging interface.
- A consumer like experience as it uses a service catalog as a one‑stop shop for all service requests across all customer services with amatis. Managing requests through a familiar, easy‑to‑use shopping‑cart checkout interface using routine steps to establish clear expectations and delivery timeframes.
- Improve Service quality by Guiding customers with configurable prompts to make sure their issues are routed to the correct team.Keep Customers Informed regarding their issues and requests with online status updates. Enables automatic escalation and recognises SLA terms to ensure that service commitments are delivered.
- Sharing. ServiceNow will Empower our staff and customers to search for solutions and workarounds in a categorised knowledge base. Score articles and collaborate on submitted questions for continuous improvement. Consolidate our corporate documents and FAQ’s in a centralised knowledge base.
- ServiceNow provides a single system of record for all IT components, it shows a complete, connected view of systems, networks, and assets, so we can identify and resolve problems faster. We will always know how every system is configured, who has access to it, and what’s installed on it.
- Customers and staff will know their networks and assets as ServiceNow allows us to rapidly deploy and scan IP connected device across multiple domains with an agentless architecture.Flexible scheduling to scan daily, weekly or during off‑peak hours to keep the CMDB up‑to‑date.We can discover installed software applications, versions and license counts to help manage compliance and ensure consistency.
- Manage change – ServiceNow will strengthen our change processing by tracking attributes such as asset age and lease expiration dates. We can quickly identify business service outages related to problems or incidents with a connected asset.We can easily view the impact of change through a business service map of related network devices.
Real Time Dashboard
- Keep everyone infomed ServiceNow provides real‑time transparency with configurable, role‑based dashboards for staff and Customers.
- One of the reasons that we chose ServiceNow is that we can build and publish service request management solutions for the business in hours. We can create any service request workflow and process, tailored to each department’s individual needs. ServiceNow adapts to any process without a single line of code.
- amatis has a roadmap of additional services that we will rollout once the initial implementation has bedded in.
For more information please contact support on 0118 321 9946 or
Logon to the amatis Service Now Portal
Well what a fantastic football result for the 2017 season, better than Leicesters’ run into the Premiership last season.
This team is amazing, didn’t lose a single match and scored 49 goals 19 more than any other team in this league. Here is a quote from our very own Ronaldo Tataru:
“I am always happy to be on the score sheet, but I am conscious that I couldn’t do it without my teammates help. I am happy that we managed to finish the season unbeaten and every game we played was good practice for the upcoming Premier league season. We have a team that is ready to win every game and we will give 100% just to be able to bring another trophy back home on Pear Tree Lane. Let’s hope I can score just as many goals as last season and take amatis to win the Premier League because at the end of the day, this is what I do!”
This is the Powerplay league so if you want to have a look at their website and see the full monty please go to amatis powerplay
Here is a picture of the victorious team holding the well deserved cup. Guess the name of the top scorer holding the cup and a super prize might be yours. Answers please to the Manager by email and you will go into the prize draw. Be a winner!!, just like the boys below.
amatis football team 2017
Here are some of the season highlights:
- We went 4 games without conceding a goal at the beginning of the season, largely due to Edward Lawrence who has missed the last few games with a knee injury, we won every game that he played!
- Our highest scoring game was an 10-2 win over ‘nice to Michu’
- We did the double over one team (guess who) 4-1 in the first leg, 5-3 in the second.
- It is our first title for almost exactly a calendar year! (only 1 day off being exact)
- We matched our previous record 8 consecutive wins in a row.
Use of cloud applications is increasing by the day. Salesforce, Dropbox, Office 365, AWS, Azure
Migration of on premises applications and equipment to a data centre near you as your “private cloud” is also a solution that many enterprises have implemented, or are considering implementing
What about the security of that data? What do you know about your cloud provider and what their processes and ethics are? Where are they, what legal jurisdiction do they come under?
Here are a number of important questions to ask your Cloud provider: Continue reading
Cyber Essentials – helping you keep your business secure
Cyber Essentials (CE) is a government-backed cyber security certification scheme that sets out a baseline of cyber security suitable for all organisations. The scheme’s five security controls can prevent “around 80% of cyber attacks”.
There are two levels of certification: Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus. Continue reading
AWS (Amazon Web Services) failed big time on Tuesday.
It appears that the failure was bigger than cloud technology giant, Amazon admitted, if the article in The Register is to be believed.
We have been warning for some time that certain cloud providers are getting too big to fail, see our blog on the subject and this outage proves the point.
Now in this connected age it is difficult to operate without utilising this “too big to fail” set of providers, we all use apps in the “cloud” CRM (Salesforce), Accounting (Xero), Collaboration (Dropbox), the list goes on.
So what can you do to mitigate the risk to your business of a prolonged outage or worst still the loss of that precious data, without which your business might be in trouble?
We did write a blog on this subject so have a look at “A cloud Crash is going to Happen”.
In Summary though here are some things to consider:
- Make sure that any data that you have in cloud based apps is backed up to a different cloud provider OR to discs under your control.
- Consider running the app yourself in a Private Cloud environment. This depends on whether your existing app can be run privately. If not consider an app that will allow your data to run in the cloud or on premise.
- Consider working with a smaller Cloud Provider that takes more care and where you are a valued client and not just a number. It would also help if that Cloud Provider was UK based.
- Consider implementing a Private Cloud/Private Network solution so that your access to your data and applications.
- If you run your own servers and data in the “Cloud” with the “too big to fail” set then you should consider talking to amatis about our Disaster Recovery options. We are about to announce a new product using VEEAM that will make your life a whole lot easier.
If you want to know more about our new VEEAM offering then drop me, Richard Sharpe, an email
I couldn’t believe the ingenuity of these scammers, see the extract from an advisory from RBS Bank to their customers using Bankline.
Please do not get caught by this scam. If you are a small business it could be the end of the story for you. If in doubt NEVER download software either attached to the email or as a link from the email.
This could equally apply to any bank and any banking system.
Customers are receiving calls from individuals claiming to be from British Telecom (or BT Open Reach).
The caller claims that there is a technical problem with your router or related equipment.
The customer is asked to download software such as TeamViewer, which allows the caller to take control of your computer remotely. This is supposedly to help with the diagnosis of the problem.
Customers are subsequently asked to log-on to Bankline and pay a small fee to BT to cover the cost of the technical support.
However, the fraudster will then use TeamViewer to take control of the session, create additional payments, and trick you into disclosing smartcard codes to authorise the transactions.
You should be suspicious of any unsolicited calls from individuals claiming to represent BT.
Do not follow any instructions from the caller such as installing software, visiting a website or initiating a Bankline session.
Furthermore, you should not allow the caller to remotely take control of your computer.
If you are unsure about the legitimacy of a call, then terminate it.
Look up BT contact numbers from their website or correspondence such as a recent telephone bill, and seek their advice as to whether the call you received was genuine.
If you have received such a call and are concerned that you may have disclosed confidential information such as smartcard codes, then please contact the Bankline Helpdesk immediately.
Again if in doubt, call your bank, call your internet service provider, or speak to a colleague or a trusted business advisor.